Manholes from TRACOM
TRACOM is the nation’s top provider for easy to install fiberglass manholes. These products are ideal for quick, simple, below surface flow and grinder applications. Our fiberglass manholes are manufactured to ANSI/ASTM D-3753-81 specifications, ensuring the highest level of quality available.
Each of our prefabricated manholes provide ease of installation, corrosion resistance, watertight construction, and a minimum of downtime during installation. TRACOM offers seven main types of fiberglass manholes including:
Package Metering Manholes
Wet Well Manholes
Manhole Top Styles
H-20 Highway Traffic Loading
Benefits of Fiberglass Manholes
- Fiberglass manholes are strong and durable, making them an ideal choice for areas where they may experience rough conditions.
- Fiberglass manholes are also corrosion resistant, which makes them ideal for use in environments where corrosive materials are present.
- Fiberglass manholes can be manufactured in a variety of sizes and styles to meet the needs of any application.
- Fiberglass manholes are also lightweight, making them easy to transport and install. This makes them an excellent choice for a variety of applications.
An Integrated Solution
Easily integratable with a choice of flumes and available with several cover options, fiberglass manholes also have other advantages:
- Integral flume for flow measurement. Simply choose the flume that best fits your flow rates and flow stream composition
- Integral Floor and base mounting flange
- Instrument mounting plates and shelves
- Motorized and non-motorized vents
- Interior Lighting
- GFCI electrical outlets
- Intermediate platforms
- Additional utility taps
- Choice of cover styles
- Pipe adapters
- Fiberglass access ladder with stainless steel reinforced, photoluminescent rungs
- NPT coupling for wiring and tubing access
Manhole Top Types, Functions and Engineering
A manhole top is a removable piece forming the top of a manhole, to allow access into the manhole for inspection and maintenance.
Tracom manufactures three types of top:
- Dome Top
- Aluminum Hatch
- H20 Highway.
Each top type has its own function and application.
- The function of the manhole cover is to:
- Prevent unauthorized entry into confined spaces.
- Help keep unwanted smells contained.
- Allow for different types of traffic, pedestrian or vehicular.
- Give easy and safe access for operators.
The materials used to manufacture manhole cover include:
- Cast iron
- Ductile iron
- Reinforced concrete